Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Recruiting event at Zaharis Elementary on Monday, August 5th

Back to school time means it's time for our pack's annual recruiting event!  We will have a table set up in the multipurpose room at Zaharis Elementary from 4:30-6:30 p.m. on Monday, August 5th and we need our scouts to help hand out flyers about Cub Scouts and help students find a Cub Scout pack closest to them if they're interested in attending.  This is an opportunity for each of the boys to pass off an achievement by inviting someone to attend scouts and for them to work on their public speaking skills too.  It also helps our Pack earn the Journey to Excellence Award. 

There are eight 20-minute time slots available, so we will put 2-3 scouts and one parent/leader in at each time.  If you know that one time works better for you than another, please let me know ASAP and I will try to accommodate that in the schedule.  Otherwise, times will be assigned.  Personally, I know I have school meetings from 7 a.m. until around 4 p.m. that day, so I need to get this schedule set up sooner than later so I can see if I need to go straight there from school or if I will be there later. 

Most of you will already be there, so we're asking for 20 more minutes of your time to help with this event.  Even if this is not your scout's school, we could still use your help and it's a good experience for your scout!

The time slots are:
4:25-4:45
4:40-5:00
4:55-5:15
5:10-5:30
5:25-5:45
5:40-6:00
5:55-6:15
6:10-6:30


No comments:

Post a Comment